1. In Amsterdam there lived a Maid
Mark well what I do say!
In Amsterdam there lived a maid
And she was mistress of her trade I'll go no more a-rovin' with you fair maid
A-rovin', a-rovin', since rovin's been my ru-i-in
I'll go no more a-rovin' with you fair maid
2. One night I crept from my abode
One night I crept from my abode
To meet this fair maid down the road
3. I met this fair maid after dark
And took her to her favorite park.
4. I took this fair maid for a walk
And we had such a loving talk.
5. I put me arm around her waist
Sez she, "Young man, you're in great haste!"
6. I put my hand upon her knee
Sez she, "Young man you're rather free!"
7. I put my hand upon her thigh
Sez she, "Young man you're rather high!"