Partition pour piano
1. As I was rollin' down the strand
I met two fairies hand in hand
Hoodah, hoodah, day!
Blow, boysys blow!
There's plenty of gold, so I've been told
on the banks of the Sacramento.
2. I chose the one with the curly locks,
She let me chase her o'er the rocks.
3. I chased her high, I chased her low
I fell down and broke me toe.
4. Off to the doctor I did go
And I showed him my big toe.
5. In came the doctor with a bloomin' big lance
"Now, young sailor, I'll make you dance!"
6. In came the nurse with a mustard poultice
Banged it on, but I took no notice.
7. Now I'm well and free from pain
I'll never court flash gals again.
Sur les rives du fleuve Sacramento...