1. Way down upon the Swanee river,
Far, far away,
There's where my heart is turning ever,
That's where the old folks stay.
All the words is sad and dreary,
Ev'ry where I roam.
Old brother how my heart grows weary,
Far from the old folks at home.
2. All up and down the whole creation,
Sadly I roam,
Still longing for the old plantation,
And for the old folks at home.
3. All round the little farm I wandered,
When I was young.
Then many happy days I squandered,
Many the songs I sing.
4. One little hut among the bushes,
One that I love.
Still sadly to my memory rushes,
No matter where I rove.
5. Where will I see the bees a-humming,
All round the comb ?
When will I hear the banjos strumming
Down in my good old home ?